Know The DifferenceWhen purchasing edibles, it’s important to know which strain you’re buying from, as they bring about two different types of highs. Sativa strains are usually infused into edibles that are supposed to be refreshing and energizing, giving you the perfect boost for outdoor activities or giving you a lift of inspiration needed to complete a task.
If you’re after a more sedating high, geared toward creating a calming, relaxing environment, you’ll want to purchase something from the Indica strain. Consuming edibles from this category will help you sleep better and help you unwind.
Varying EffectsConsuming edibles create a completely different high than smoking and vaporizing. If you’re trying them for the first time, there are a few things to keep in mind.
First of all, smoking and vaporizing cannabis creates an almost instantaneous high. However, this is not the case with edibles. Due to the edible having to move through the digestive tract, any effects will take 30 minutes to two hours to start to kick in. While it takes longer to process, it also lasts longer and is a more potent high. Time and intensity will vary depending on the dose, when you ate your last meal, tolerance level, and body chemistry.
If you’re new to edibles or have never used a particular product before, it is best to start with too little to avoid overconsumption. While you can’t overdose from cannabis, you can consume too much and make yourself uncomfortably high.
1. GummiesIf you enjoyed fruity candies as a kid, then gummies are the perfect choice for you! There are many products out there that feature delicious flavors like wild berry, pineapple punch, and sour watermelon. Typically, gummies are infused with all of the cannabinoids, terpenes, flavonoids, and fatty acids found in hemp plants.
2. ChocolateWho doesn’t love chocolate or baked goods, like brownies? Virtually any food that contains butter, oil, milk, or even sugar or flour, can be turned into an edible. To satisfy your sweet tooth and to get the added benefit of a quality high, check out these next few products.
Grab a timeless classic in the form of a milk chocolate bar. Skip the ‘weedy’ flavor and enjoy the smooth, creamy caramel taste of this delicious bar. Broken up into squares to help aid with dosing, this treat is sure to be your next favorite.
Dark chocolate fans, don’t worry! There’s something for you, too. Vegan-friendly, and is designed with wellness in mind, aiding in relieving occasional pain and helping you feel relaxed.
If you can’t make a trip to your local cannabis dispensary, no worries! Remember, we offer same-day delivery as well as curbside pickup.
3. MintsGet a taste of something refreshing by trying cannabis mints! Mints are usually very subtle, easy to carry, and can provide a relatively quick high. If you like to enjoy edibles low-key or without drawing a lot of attention, then you should definitely pick up a package of mints.
Mota offers several flavors of their Mota mints, including their spicy, juicy pineapple, or tart cherry. Whichever one you choose, we know you’re getting a great flavor that you can enjoy on the go while refreshing your breath.
4. TincturesTinctures are very versatile, as they can be ingested in a number of ways. Enjoy a tincture by adding a few drops sublingually, directly under the tongue. Or, brew your favorite tea and add a little to enhance your beverage. Either way you go, you’re bound to experience a quality high.
For those seeking a medium to high psychoactive reaction, we suggest checking out the Tincture. This product is designed to help with acute pains, aches, sleep, and overall relaxation. Paired with a mug of chamomile tea, this will be sure to give you a quality night’s rest.
5. DrinksOther than teas, cannabis-infused drinks are certainly out there! It’s summertime, and we need something delicious and refreshing to beat the heat such as cocoa, , and yes, even hard seltzers. These are a great choice if you want something to quench your thirst and bring you a lasting high. We can’t always smoke wherever we are, but odds are good we can enjoy a beverage.
Remember!Getting high and experiencing cannabis isn’t just one-size-fits-all anymore. It’s okay if you’re not big into smoking or vaping, or if you’re simply looking to branch out. Stop by your local cannabis dispensary to see what they have in store or to ask questions and get more information on various products. After all, our friendly staff is here to help! Just make sure you kick off your summer safely when enjoying a new edible product, and you’re sure to have a high time.
Not all edibles are created the same, and just like they vary in flavors and categories, they also fall into one of two classifications: Indica and Sativa.